okay. due to quite a few questions, emails, and instagram comments on how i curl my hair
i am finally getting around to it!
hopefully this will be of some help :)
1. this is mostly air dried, partially blow dried- and slightly deceiving because my hair naturally dries more wavy than straight. also, the only product i have in is a leave-in conditioner, and honestly, "2nd day" hair works the best to curl with. always.
2. put half up (especially if you have a lot of hair or thick hair) and begin wrapping! i usually take larger pieces of hair on the bottom and use smaller ones once i get to the top layer. i usually hold about half an inch of the ends away from the curling iron, it will keep the curls looking looser and less structured at the ends. also, i am using a 1 inch curling iron.
3. alright, so they kind of look like shirley temple curls, right? obviously, that's not quite what we're going for, but keep going, we'll fix it when we're done.
4. after the top and bottom are curled- i spray it all down with cortex firm hold hairspray- which holds the curl but allows flexibility (it also smells amaazing!)
5. here's where we mess with those shirley temple curls and turn them into "night out on the town" curls. not many of us can pull off the 7-year-old tap dancer look. or at least i can't.
i will also usually straighten to slightly curl under the front pieces or "bangs"
the best part about these curls is that they can usually last me 3-4 days!
gross...? no. awesome.
surprisingly, on day 2 they usually look better- funny what curls and bed head can produce!