happy tuesday and i hope you were all able to get through your monday alright!
yesterday was actually my first time this summer hitting the pool for a little relaxing and girl talk with my sister-in-law. it was beautiful outside and and a perfect "pool day"- so today i wanted to give you my top 10 pool (or beach) necessities for the summer (for those of you that may be planning a trip or two to the pool this year!)
1. sunscreen! - an absolute must have for the summer! it's the best way to prevent burning, sun spots and aging/wrinkling skin down the road. i can't stress it enough! even though hubs and i were both given that darker olive skin genetically, we load up on this stuff! (the two i am showing here- ocean potion and coppertone brands- can be found at just about any drug store, i like the spray kinds because they are easy to apply and i always make sure they are waterproof!)
2. spf chapstick - another must! no red, dry or chapped lips here! burt's bees has always been a favorite and their sun protecting spy 8 brand is thee best for summer!
3. beach towel - a big comfy, or cute one is always a plus! these are a few that i would love to add to my small collection - wildfox, roxy, kassatex
4. reading material - ahh, nothing says relaxing like kicking back and catching up on the latest fashion trends or how to tone your bod up for the summer - besides, when else do you ever have time to just kick back and read a magazine?! - elle, lucky and cosmo are a few i'll check out from time to time :)
5. summer polishes - for your perfect summer mani/pedi before you hit the pool! these were a few recents i found at walmart and the colors are perfect for summer! (from left to right - salon perfect "yowza yellow", salon perfect "flamingo flair" and sinful colors professional "#920") (similar, similar, similar, similar)
6. water - or 1 liter to be exact in this case! i'm already supposed to be drinking double the amount of water since i've been pregnant, but if i'm doing any sweating at all i load up on even more! make sure to stay hydrated and cool while laying out and soaking up the sun!
7. beach bag - you'll need something to carry it all in- so snag a cute beach bag! i actually have a few that are "cute" beach bags, but they are slightly bigger and this one fit everything perfectly! plus it was just the bags they give you at checkout at urban so you can't beat free! (these are a few favorites- here, here, here)
8. a hat - not only will you look adorable sporting your favorite floppy hat or cute fedora, but it's multi-purposeful and aids as another "sun-blocker" for your face! (this lovely is from windsor)
9. sunnies - another must have when bearing the intense summer rays! aviators are always a favorite of mine and these, these or these are next purchases on my list!
10. tanning oil - yes, i stressed sunscreen enough you'd think i didn't use any of this, but for those of you who are looking to get a little color quickly without having to lay out in the sun for hours, this is the way to go! maui babe dark tanning lotion has been my favorite that i've found thus far! although this summer i'm using this a little less of this and using my #1 a lot more, i will still throw a little tanning lotion on my legs from time to time to get a nice summer glow!
so enjoy hitting the pool, lake or beach (for those of you lucky enough to live close to one!) this summer and hopefully a few of these items will come in handy!